Friday, June 3, 2011

A Winner is You!: GW Fineco$t


Sometimes, pictures are worth a thousand words.  So, to save myself all that typing, please see exhibit A:

Finecast plastic material + sunlight = lulz to the max




I'm really, really, REALLY reconsidering playing GW games. Factoring in concerns about a game going too long and my models literally melting due to a high room temperature (time to donate an extra AC to the LGS) with all the other new costs tossed on to the playerbase by GW, this just sucks.

I really wish I could say "Well, its janky the customer got stuck with the R&D cost of Finecast, but they do hold detail better than metal and the new material's easier to work with", but I can't.  This is a problematic material, covered in flash, a higher percentage of miscasts than metal (from samples I've seen), at a 20% cost reduction using a price-stable material (source: GW investor relations page) to GW, all with a 5-25% price increase.

On a game you just increased the size of 33%.

Oh, and no more previews of upcoming material.  Ever.

Continuing coverage Monday of non-GW/PP game systems (Love PP, but there's ample Warmahordes starter info out there).  Normally I end this with a cheeky reference my blog's name, but um... Kirby/Wells might, in fact, want to consider quitting their day jobs.  For realz.

No comments:

Post a Comment